Getting Jiggy With Java
I always thought that coding was quite similar to sex.
- The first time you do it you have no idea what you’re doing.
- It seems like men think about it more than women.
- Doing it in a large group makes things far too complicated, since no person will know exactly where their part is supposed to fit.
- Doing it by yourself is what most students end up doing.
- It will take a lifetime to master it.
- There’s no one right way to do it, but a number of wrong ways.
- People who have never tried it think that those of us who practice it daily are deviants.
- It’s fun.
- It takes a lot of energy.
- It can keep you up late at night.
- It can make you miss classes.
- Do it too long and you’ll go blind.
- Finally, once you get it on your mind, it’s hard to concentrate on anything else.